Monday, January 24, 2011

90 In the Slow Lane

The past three days, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, have all been pretty cool. On Saturday my friend and I went to the Long Beach Towne Center to go to the Gamestop over there to get stuff for our games because it was being released there and you get it via their wifi. However, we were both shocked to see that when we arrived it was gone, completely vacant. Someone even told me they were there last Monday so in those 4 days the whole store up and left. After that, we ended up driving to a different Gamestop and received it there. He was hungry so we went to the Carls Jr. right over there and ate. There was a group of like 4 kids who couldn't have been older than 13 that had an air horn and blew it off twice while we were there. I wanted to punch them in the face and then eat them.

On Sunday I didn't do anything. I woke up at around ten and did nothing until about two and went over to my friends house because our other friend had come over. All we did was play a little bit of Halo ODST despite my not wanting to because I hate the game. And that was all I did Sunday.

Today, Monday, I had my first piano class. On the way there, there were two people in the bus sitting near me, one guy was Pakistani and the other Chinese. The Pakistani guy was talking to the Chinese man the whole time and about mildly interesting things. He was talking to the Chinese man about how he arrived in America when he was 7 and frequently travels back and forth to England and the U.S. He talked about what he called 'Mother Tongue' which was the language you speak to your mother in. His example was his native language was called like Udlun but he speaks to his mother in English so his mother tongue is English. He also talked about what language he and the Chinese man did Math in which my Uncle had done once. He is Japanese and does math problems in Japanese but says the answer in English. As for my Piano class, it was really enjoyable. One of my friends is actually in my class too. We learned all the keys today and their placement on the piano. My teacher is really good and really nice. I estimate she is about 60 because she was around for Ed Sullivan and the Beatles for her teenage/ early adult years but she looks like she could pass for 50. My class is mostly girls and there are 20 people because there are only 20 pianos to play on. There is one older lady who talked a lot during the class and seems like she could be a bit annoying or just a slow learner, only time will tell. My favorite part about today, as we were going into the class, a girl found out she didn't get in but her boyfriend did. And she asked "What time does this class get out?" And I answered her and then she followed me in and asked where I lived to see if I lived close by to him so I could give him a ride home but I told her I take the bus so, that was no help to her. I just thought it was funny because I acknowledged her and then she asked me if I could drive her boyfriend home. People will never cease to amaze me, or strangers at least. They are the most entertaining breed of people out there. Screw John Walsh and his say no to strangers policy. Anyways, I shall leave you now. And if you're wondering why is the title '90 In the Slow Lane,' its because on my journey to the Gamestops my friend was driving 90 in the slow lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment