Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back to Cypress

I went back to school yesterday. I only had one class and it meets only on Wednesdays thus making it 3 hours long spanning from 7-10pm. The class is American Ethnic Studies and I take it with my friend down the street so its nice having a ride instead of taking the bus especially since sometimes my classes don't follow the bus schedule very well. However, this time around it seems to work a bit better than last. Today I had to wait an hour for the bus because I got out of my U.S. History class half hour earlier than expected. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have school from 8am-12:20pm so I take the bus at 7:27 to get to my first class of the day which is Philosophy. 3 of my friends had the teacher that I have now, one thinks hes the best, another says he sucks, and the third friend is impartial to his greatness/ not so greatness. I think he is pretty funny since I was the only person laughing at his cleverly crafted jokes. My second class on Tuesdays and Thursdays is History of Rock and Roll which I also take with my friend down the street. That class seems easy but you actually have to do stuff which is odd, or I found it odd. You have to do a research paper about a band and read a "book," more like a magazine, about rock music and do synopses of the chapters for the test. The teacher is also cool and speaks with a powerful voice much like my Ethnics teacher. Going back to that class, the teacher is black which is a little silly and my friend and I were joking that we would be like the only white kids in class but there is actually a good mix of races since it is an Ethnics class. My last class on Tuesdays and Thursdays is U.S. History. My teacher is a no nonsense kind of guy and takes his class seriously which is good and bad for me. I like learning history and I feel like if he is super strict then he will be a good teacher. The bad side, there is a lot of writing assignments. I hate writing because I can explain things verbally 10x better than me writing it down on paper and trying to explain historical events. The only class I haven't had yet is my piano class which is Monday nights from 6-8pm. I only want to learn piano to see if it will help my guitar skills and also learn fun songs on it, or cool rock songs.

I have been playing a lot of guitar lately as well seeing as how Call of Duty and Starcraft 2 do get a bit boring since my computer dies if I play Starcraft or I do too well/ too poor when playing Call of Duty and just quit. I have been practicing a lot on The Day That Never Comes by none other than Metallica. They have fully fueled my interest and passion in wanting to learn and play guitar along with minor influence from Slash. However, I have been practicing the song on my classical guitar because I broke my High E string on my electric one and have to go get it restrung because I don't know how to do it and found no tutorials online how to do it. Its not too bad practicing on it though, although it does sound a bit different because it can still sound loud with no amp plugged into it so thats nice. I look forward to practicing it a lot more when I get my guitar fixed withing the upcoming week if I sell the stupid World of Warcraft expansion on Ebay that I bought only to make money on. I have also been practicing on a few other random songs from games or other bands that I like. I broke my guitar string playing Knights of Cydonia by Muse. I felt like seeing if I could learn it and I broke my string because I was tremolo picking and bending it simultaneously and then SNAP off it goes at 3am. I miss my other guitars, I sold my first one and the other one snapped in half vertically except for the body. Hopefully if I find a place to work I can spend the majority of it on music supplies rather than more games. Anyways it has been fun resurfacing on this for a bit.

And now I leave you with The Day That Never Comes, its not the video because Youtube forbids embedding it so its just the studio version.

No comments:

Post a Comment